The Northern Territory (NT) Government is rolling out a new program to help eligible Territory businesses improve their security.
Territory businesses are able to make a range of permanent security improvements through the program using Territory enterprises.
Individual businesses may be eligible for up to $10,000 on a co-contribution basis towards a security audit and to complete one or more security improvement jobs. Clusters of businesses, such as small shopping complexes can also apply for up to $50,000 on a co-contribution basis.
The works undertaken on each premises will vary depending on individual circumstances and the outcomes of the mandatory security audit.
How Biz Secure works
- A business wanting to make security improvements to their premises submits their application online through the Biz Secure program - apply to receive a voucher now.
- If the business is approved to access the program, they will have a mandatory security audit on the business premises by a registered security audit contractor. The costs of the security audit is covered by the program.
- Once the security audit has been completed, the business will be able to seek quotes from a registered security supplier and apply for a voucher to carry out security improvement works. Up to $8,000 for individual businesses and $43,000 for clusters of businesses will be available on a dollar-for-dollar matching basis to make improvements based on the security audit.
- The NT Government will provide a voucher covering part of the costs (up to 50%) to the business receiving the security improvements.
- Once the job is done, the supplier doing the work receives the voucher as part payment. The business receiving the work pays the balance.
- The supplier that has done the work redeems the voucher from the NT Government.
Suppliers interested in registering to carry out the security works through the Biz Secure program can apply online - apply to register as a security supplier now.
For further details please see the program terms and conditions.