Businesses can apply to receive a voucher through the Biz Secure program to undertake security improvements to their premises.
Who can apply?
To apply you must:
- be incorporated under an Act of the Northern Territory (NT) or the Commonwealth, or is a sole trader or partnership operating with a NT registered business name
- be physically located in the NT
- offer services to customers from a shopfront premises
- offers goods and / or services to the public on a 'for profit' basis
- have no more than 50 employees
- have been incorporated / registered at least six months prior to 3 July 2017, and
- hold a valid ABN issued at least six months prior to 3 July 2017.
Who can’t apply?
- Businesses that don’t operate from a fixed premises (for example, mobile businesses).
- Publicly listed companies.
- Home based businesses or businesses operating from residential premises.
- Not-for-profit organisations.
- Large shopping centres.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form if you are an individual business or if you are a cluster of businesses.
- If you are approved, select a registered security audit contractor to complete the mandatory security audit on your premises. The costs of the security audit (up to $2,000 for individual businesses and up to $7,000 for a cluster of businesses) is covered by the program.
- Once the security audit has been completed, you will be able to seek quotes from a registered security supplier and apply for a voucher to carry out security improvement works. Up to $8,000 for individual businesses or $43,000 for a cluster of business, will be available on a dollar-for-dollar matching basis to make improvements based on the security audit. The NT Government will provide a voucher covering part of the costs (up to 50%).
- Once the job is done, you provide the supplier your voucher as part payment and pay the balance.
- The supplier redeems the voucher from the NT Government.
For further details please see the program terms and conditions.