You can register now as a supplier of security goods and services through the Biz Secure program.
A businesses will be able to select their preferred supplier from the list of registered security supplier.
To be registered as a supplier you need to be a Territory enterprise. If you are also registered as a security audit contractor, you cannot do both an audit and security improvement works on the same business.
In order to participate in the program, your business must be a Territory enterprise that:
- is a legal entity (a natural person or an incorporated entity), with or without a registered business name, and
- holds a valid Australian Business Number issued at least six months prior to 3 July 2017, and
- was providing its safety and security installation services wholly or substantially in the Northern Territory for at least six months prior to 3 July 2017, and
- has and will maintain during the course of the program all relevant business, occupation and related permits, licences and insurance coverage required to undertake work in connection with the program, including valid public liability insurance policy with minimum $10 million cover, and
- has been approved by the Department of Trade, Business and Innvoation (DTBI) to be part of the program; approval is dependent upon satisfactory results of due diligence that DTBI may conduct (in its absolute discretion), and
- is ordinarily engaged in the business(es) of the sale and service of safety or security fixtures and the supply and erection of fixed improvements to land, and
- will be the head contractor in respect of any contract the subject of an application for a voucher.
For further details please see the program terms and conditions.